Who We Are & Why We Enjoy Our Chorus
Note-Ably North Texas Chorus is non-profit organization and a member of the Allen Arts Alliance. Our goal is spread the love of a cappella singing and promote joy in our community through lively performances. We are a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, a worldwide organization of female singers specializing in the art of Barbershop music. Our chapter has been together since 2001, and chartered as members of Sweet Adelines International in 2002. We meet weekly to practice, socialize, and increase our knowledge of the barbershop art form. Based in Allen, Texas, Note-Ably North Texas is comprised of women from the North Dallas and Collin County areas. We extend an invitation to all women who love to sing to visit our rehearsals.
We sing songs from many genres of music, including:
We are drawn to our chorus by the joy of singing and the bonding that results from making music together. It brings out the best in all of us.
"When you sing, musical vibrations move through you, altering your physical and emotional landscape. Group singing, for those who have done it, is the most exhilarating and transformative of all. It takes something incredibly intimate, a sound that begins inside you, shares it with a roomful of people and it comes back as something even more thrilling: harmony." See Singing Changes Your Brain in the August 16, 2013 issue of Time Magazine.
Performances & Events
We also enjoy performing at civic and social events throughout the year. At Christmas time and on Valentine's Day we visit retirement centers to entertain the residents and their families. It is always a pleasure to see our audience tapping their feet and singing along with us. Some even dance! See our Schedule for upcoming events. Example performances:
- January: Razzle Dazzle Audition Day, Allen,TX; Region 25 Quartet Retreat, (Travel Event)
- February: Contest Coaching, Chorus Elections
- March: Friends & Family Community Performance; Video Recording; Region 25 Competition & Convention (Travel Event)
- April: Sweet! Harmony Workshops, Allen; Officer Induction & Chapter Awards Dinner
- May: Memorial Day Performance, Sweet! Harmony Participants; Allen Art Festival
- June: Summer Music Camp, Frisco, TX
- July: Christmas in July Music; Patriotic Performance
- August: Regional Leadership Training Zoom Events
- September: Global Open House Guest Nights
- October: International Competition & Convention, (Travel Event); Arbor Day Performance; Civil War Encampment, Allen Heritage Village
- November: Fall Leadership Retreat, (Travel Event)
- November: Veterans Day Performance
- December: Rudolph Run & Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, Cocoa, Cookies & Carols Holiday Show; Belk Giftwrapping Fundraiser; Note-Ably Holiday Party or NYE Karaoke Bash
Every rehearsal incorporates instruction on vocal production and from time to time we'll have private voice lessons. In June of each year we attend Summer Music Camp in the north Texas area for two days of intense instruction on various aspects of barbershop singing. Sweet Adelines from throughout our Region gather to learn the finer points of barbershop harmony, to renew friendships, and to make new friends.
Note-Ably North Texas Chorus is a non-profit organization. We are proud members of Sweet Adelines International and the Allen Arts Alliance.